If you are here on this page you or someone you know just might be in an abusive relationship. Don’t leave until you have read this.
What are some of the warning signs of a potentially abusive relationship:
1. Keeps track of what you are doing all the time, and with whom?
2. Jealous and possessive.
3. Accuses you of being unfaithful.
4. Brings up past relationships, as though you shouldn’t have had any!
5. Controlling behavior. Prevents or discourages you seeing friends or family, going to work or college.
6. Gets angry when drinking alcohol or using drugs.
7. Verbally abusive.
8. Controls all the money, including the money you spend.
9. Checks your bank statements or bank accounts.
10. Humiliates you in front of others.
11. Treats you differently when others are around. Is either nice to you when you are alone but distant and nasty when others are in your company, or is distant with you when you are alone but nice to you in company.
12. Destroys your property or anything that you care about.
13. Threatens to harm you in any way, your children or pets. (By hittings, slapping, punching, breaking, harming, kicking or biting.)
14. Uses or threatens to use a weapon against you.
15. Forces you to have sex against your will.
16. Blames you for their violent outbursts.
If you are a victim of violence at the hands of someone you know or love, get immediate help and support. Don’t ignore these warnings signs, some woman who have ignored the abuse are no longer alive. Don’t be a victim.
Help is available for those in an abusive relationship.