Boyzone – I Love You No Matter What

I must have been living under a rock between 1993-2000 to have somehow missed hearing about the Irish boy band called Boyzone, featuring Ronan Keating and Stephen Gately as lead vocalists. It was only a few months ago that I had an opportunity to hear one of their songs on the radio, “No Matter What”, and was immediately hooked.

After doing a lengthy search online for where I might be able to buy or download their music, thinking they were a new band, I was incredibly disappointed to discover the group had dissolved several years ago after Stephen Gately revealed he was gay. My thought was “So what? I want their music, not details of their personal lives”.

Who couldn’t love Stephen Gately’s incredible voice? Besides that, he’s a Hottie! Every time I listen to Boyzone songs, I can’t get over the harmonious melody of their conjoined voices, topped off by individual solos. Ronan Keating has an awesome voice as well, and I just can’t believe the group broke up before I even knew they existed. Shucks!

I spent some time searching for any updates on what the band members are up to these days, and discovered the group are going ON TOUR! Problem is, none of their tour dates include visits to the U.S., at least not as of this writing. I would love to see them in person! Boyzone’s Official Web Site lists several concert dates and locations, including London, Glasgow and Liverpool. Hey Boyzone! What about us here in the good ol’ US of A?!

Seems like the only local choices of upcoming concerts are the likes of Barry Manilow and Tom Jones. Oh Lord. I’ve never been a real fan of Barry Manilow, but I can often get to tapping my foot when a Tom Jones song comes on the radio. Okay okay, I admit that I can get to shakin’ my behind too while listening to Tom Jones songs. Guilty as charged. Wink

In the meantime, while I’m pining away for Stephen Boyzone, I guess I’ll just have to stick with listening to downloaded Boyzone songs, unless they actually schedule some tour dates here in the States.

10 Responses to “Boyzone – I Love You No Matter What”

1. Eily says:

It’s great that you’ve become hooked on Boyzone! It’s a shame that they won’t be touring in the USA, they did try to make it over there in the 90’s but due to a complete lack of organisation & promotion by their US record compay & PA, they failed (no fault of their own) & unfortunately, I don’t think they ever sold enough records there to tour in the USA anyway 🙁 Ronan had the same problem after he went solo trying to make it in the USA, lack of promo, organisation etc, basically nothing was organised at all. I very much doubt they will ever tour the USA because I think this tour they are doing in the UK/Ireland is a farewell tour.

Eily, that is really disappointing. I hate to hear that it’s only a Farewell Tour since they sound so great together. I’m not a big fan of their individual work, but together they sound awesome.

3. Eily says:

It is disappointing for some yes, personally I prefer Ronan’s solo work although I was a fan of Boyzone, which is how I came to be a fan of Ronan of course. Saying that though, I really do hope that a dvd of their farewell tour is released, and not just in the UK & Ireland. I’m going to see Boyzone on May 31st so I may have some photos to share when I get back 😉

Oh man, I’m so jealous! I bet that will be an incredible concert! I’ll be looking to see the pics!

5. Nissa says:

I’m a sucker for cute boybands. I don’t think I’ll ever outgrow them..

Nissa’s last blog post..Thursday Thirteen – My favorite things right now!

6. I think you might like an Air Supply concert.

7. Eily says:

The BZ pics will be posted on my new BZ site after I get back from the concert, the site isn’t finished yet but will let you know the url when it is 😉

8. Marsha says:

I have always like boy bands. I have never heard of this band before. I like them. I guess I will be looking for their videos on youtube also. Thanks for sharing.

Marsha’s last blog post..Butterflies so beautiful in life

9. dereon com says:

I thought the boyzone have disbanded already? Well, i just love their songs.

10. Eily says:

They did disband in January 2000 but they got together again in November 2007 to perform a medley of their hits for charity on TV (Children in Need) then again on Irish TV, & now they’re touring in May/June, which will probably be their farewell tour, they are also releasing a new album of their greatest hits with a couple of new tracks, which could be written by Mikey (who now prefers to be called Michael) & Ronan, & may also release a new (possibly final) single.