Of all the funny and inspirational quotes I’ve ever read, the title of this post conveys the motto I have lived by for most of my life, and I believe truer words could not be spoken. Being true to yourself and who you are as an individual is something I firmly believe in; having the courage and strength to stand up for what you believe in, even when others have a different viewpoint or opinion. Having the opportunity to have this blog, sharing my views on a variety of subjects that I am passionate about, makes me feel happy and giddy all at the same time.
Having a loving and supportive husband, continuously encouraging me along the way, makes me a truly blessed woman. He gave me a beautiful card the other day that had this inscription: “I always knew you were beautiful, generous and strong. But now I see just how tender you are as a mother. In this wonderful adventure we share, you never stop amazing me. Happy Mother’s Day.”
Some things I write about on this blog are very serious subjects, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have a funny and silly personality in everyday life. I have somehow found a wonderful balance in doing what is necessary to take care of my family, have time to further develop my writing skills, and share what I hope to be thought-provoking articles for you, my readers.
I believe that laughter is good for the soul, so reading books with quotes that inspire me and make me laugh is one of my favorite things to do. Today I want to share with you some of my all-time favorite funny and inspirational quotes, and I bet you’ll enjoy a good laugh right along with me.
Top 20 Funny and Inspirational Quotes:
- “It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn’t give it up because by then I was too famous.” Robert Benchley
- “If at first you don’t succeed, then sky diving definitely isn’t for you.” Unknown
- “How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak-because some day you will have been all of these…” George Washington Carver
- “I’ve learned that just when I get my room the way I like it, Mom makes me clean it up.” 13 yr-old
- “I’ve learned that you can’t hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.” 7 yr-old
- “If you want a kitten, start out asking for a horse.” 10 yr-old
- “Ask “why” until you understand.” My daughter
- “You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking 5 miles a day when she was 60. She’s 97 today and we don’t know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeneres
- “Here’s something to think about: How come you never see a headline like ‘Psychic Wins Lottery’?” Jay Leno
- “I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish He didn’t trust me so much.” Mother Teresa
- “Courage is doing what you’re afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you’re scared.” Eddie Rickenbacker
- “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” Dr. Suess
- “The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.” Maureen Dowd
- “The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get into the office.” Robert Frost
- “I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.” Fred Allen
- “I’ve never been jealous. Not even when my dad finished the fifth grade a year before I did.” Jeff Foxworthy
- “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.” George Burns
- “My mother’s menu consisted of two choices: Take it or leave it.” Buddy Hackett
- “Honolulu – it’s got everything. Sand for the children, sun for the wife, sharks for the wife’s mother.” Unknown
- “When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.” Rodney Dangerfield
Do you have any favorite quotes that make you laugh or that you find inspiring in some way? I’d love to know what your favorite quotes are, so let’s see ’em.