I want to wish all you wonderful mom’s who read or visit my blog a wonderful, gloriously peaceful, relaxing Mother’s Day! I’ll be catching up on reading a book, spending time with my family, and anything else I feel like doing.
If you are new here, feel free to browse the categories that interest you on the left sidebar, leave a comment on posts you enjoy, or simply introduce yourself by leaving a comment below. I’ll be checking messages periodically throughout the day, and will reply to comments and messages received. Enjoy!
13 Things Mom Taught Me:
- To appreciate a job well done: “If you’re going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning.”
- Religion: “You better pray that comes out of the carpet.”
- Travel: “If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week!”
- Logic: “Because I said so, that’s why.”
- More logic: “If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you’re not going to the store with me.”
- Osmosis: “Shut your mouth and eat your supper.”
- Contortionism: “Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!”
- Hypocrisy: “If I told you once, I’ve told you a million times. Don’t exaggerate!”
- Circle of Life: “I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.”
- Behavior modification: “Stop acting like your father!”
- Medical Science: “If you don’t stop crossing your eyes, they are going to get stuck that way.”
- Wisdom: “When you get to be my age, you’ll understand.”
- Justice: “One day you’ll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you.”
Here are a few articles to get you started:
- How to Spice Up Your Marriage
- Keeping the Fire Alive in Your Marriage
- Understanding Assertiveness
- A Child’s Ten Commandments For Parents
- Picky Eaters: Getting Kids to Eat Healthy
Happy Mother’s Day!!!