Telling It Like It Is Has a New Look!

laughter-is-the-best-medicine1 I mentioned recently that Telling It Like It Is would be getting a new theme and new host. Well, this is it! What do you think? This new theme is called Silver Light, and I like the clean, simple, content-oriented look, rather than having a site loaded with cutsey images in the header etc. There is still some tweaking to the theme and sidebar going on, so please “pardon our mess” while everything is put into its proper place.

I know I mentioned before that I planned on using the Visionary Magazine Theme, but due to my lack of knowledge and/or inexperience with coding, I decided to stay clear of anything remotely complicated that would require a great deal of time spent on editing and coding.

Creating and having quality content for visitors and  subscribed readers is by far the most important thing to me, and I believe this new theme focuses on content quite well.

On a side note, I’ve received quite a few emails from regular visitors and subscribers asking what social networking sites I frequent so they can “friend” me and chat on a more personal basis than just in the comment section.

Here’s a list of where I can be found online.

What do you think of this new theme?

17 Responses to “Telling It Like It Is Has a New Look!”

1. Rudy says:

I love clean two column themes. Everything looks great, except for the color of the font. I’m never a fan of Apple’s gray-ish font color. It’s kinda hard to read.

Other than that, job well done with the redesign!

2. Good to see the move has been accomplished without to much upheaval and the theme is sparse but clean and I like it (mind you, I liked the old look as well).

Good luck with the new year’s resolutions πŸ™‚

Hi Maurice,

Thanks! I really like the much cleaner look, as opposed to the way it looked before. I liked the previous theme for quite awhile but I was ready for a change. Thank goodness I didn’t have to do it all by myself.

3. It’s like magic. The font color is now black. πŸ™‚
    Did you notice the categories and archives, Lin? Huh? Well, thank you very much. πŸ™‚

Hi RT,

Man, you ROCK! I’ve been outta pocket and wasn’t aware of the text being changed to black, so thank you very, very much for making that change. I have to agree with Rudy that the black text does make it easier to read. Thank you also for the Categories/Archives drop down menu! That looks awesome! You ROCK!!!! πŸ™‚

4. wilson says:

Lin, congratulation for the new layout. Frankly, this them is better than the previous one…

By the way, I loved your pic in the small icon as well!

Hi Wilson,

Thank you. I’m really liking this new theme and I also like the more “personal touch” of having the gravatar images in the comments section. Very cool.

5. Hi Lin,
    I like it (I liked your old look too). I prefer a two column layout, so I like that too. And it is nice and clean, which is a good way to focus on the content, which you have plenty of!
    Nice job. Steve (aka “displays”)
    PS. What host did you switched to?

6. hey Lin,
    10 minutes to respond… not bad. πŸ™‚
    I saw your blog footer after I made my comment, and I was wondering if and how RT changed your text color… now I understand.
    As Allstate Insurance would say, “You’re in Good Hands.” ~ Steve, aka Mr. Displays

RT ROCKS! I bow down in gratitude and appreciation for all his efforts, hard work and staying up all night long to get everything set up with the host and theme. πŸ˜‰

Fast enough? πŸ˜‰

7. Matt Jabs says:

RT Cunningham!

Long time buddy…good to see you’re still tearing it up!

Matt

Hi Matt, thanks for stopping by! RT Cunningham came to my rescue and got this site all fixed up and looking awesome! Don’t be a stranger! πŸ™‚

8. Todd Morris says:

Hi Lin,

Definitely digging the new look πŸ™‚

RT does good work.