Today Is My Birthday and I’m Taking The Day Off

wildflowers

Another year has rolled around and today is my Birthday once again. Happy Birthday to Me! Is it just me or does it seem that Birthdays seem to come a lot faster the older we get? Hmm

Anyway, since I’ll be out of the office and not spending much time online today, but basking in the sun of doing absolutely nothing but fun things with my husband and family, I want to share some articles from other blogs for your reading pleasure.

I also want to welcome new subscribed readers from the DFW area, especially those living in and around Plano, Frisco, Allen, McKinney TX and surrounding suburbs. Thank you and welcome to Telling It Like It Is!

How to Take Fireworks Pictures – by my friend Todd Morris. I’m not much of a photographer myself, so I appreciate the tips and advice offered on taking good fireworks pictures. Now, if I could just manage to keep my thumb from appearing in photos I take with my digital camera, I’d be a happy camper.

How to Get More Time to Blog – by another friend Michael Martine. Finding the time to blog and post articles used to stress me out, but I’ve come to the personal decision that I write as often as I possibly can and when I have something to say. If I don’t post an article for a week or two, so be it. Readers that are truly interested in what I have to say are very understanding and patient, and don’t mind a brief lull in postings.

Living Your Passion: What It Takes To Be An Entrepreneur – by Jeff Nickles. I thoroughly enjoyed Jeff’s article on being an entrepreneur and the “grit” and determination needed to achieve our goals, ignoring the self-doubt or fear of success and just going for it! We really are our own worst enemies when it comes to creating and building our own success stories.

Enjoy your day! I know I will! See you soon!

14 Responses to “Today Is My Birthday and I’m Taking The Day Off”

1. Todd Morris says:

Hi Lin,

Happy Birthday!

I hope you have a great day, and enjoy the time with your family.

Todd

p.s. and yes, the birthdays do seem to come quicker here lately

Thanks Todd! Rather than having to edit my “about” page anymore, I just deleted the mention of my old age. LOL

We’ve got friends coming over later today for a cookout for my Birthday “party” so to speak, although I don’t really make a big fuss over it. That reminds me…. I better go tell the hubby not to even think about putting on the correct number of candles on my cake! Ha! Don’t wanna burn the house down! 🙂

2. Debbie says:

Happy Birthday to you. I don’t blame you for taking the day off. Make it special.

3. Lin,

Happy Birthday! I also have a BD this month, but mine is on the 25th. I hope you enjoy your day.

Thanks so much for highlighting my article!

Hi Jeff! You’re very welcome! I really liked your article! I’m now filled to the gills with Birthday cake and ice cream and all the other goodies that I really shouldn’t be eating, ha!

4. Janet Fox says:

Happy B’day Lin.. Hope you have an amazing day with your family.. Have a blat!!

Thank you Janet. My Birthday was great yesterday. We had some friends over and had an amazing time together, and even pulled out the karaoke machine for my niece and I to “entertain” the guests. We hadn’t done any singing for awhile now, but have talked about getting back into doing that more often in local karaoke joints around the area. I think I’m full from cake and ice cream, so I don’t think I’ll be eating much today. 🙂

• Janet Fox says:

Oops! I meant.. have a ‘blast’. 😉 But I guess you have had a fun time. I’ve never tried this karaoke stuff.. Sounds like fyn. Will try it sometime soon.

Hi Janet, karaoke is a lot of fun if you enjoy singing. We have our own karaoke machine, so we cranked it up and started right up. Great fun!

5. wilson says:

Happy Birthday, Lin. It looks like you’re sharing the same birthday with my younger brother, Rayno!

PS: The picture is absolutely breathtaking, especially those flowers were so vibrant and beautiful.

Hi Wilson, I somehow missed your comment! Argh! I hate when that happens! I’m usually pretty good about replying to comments quickly, just ask Steve from Display Booths 😉 , but anyway….thank you and I hope your brother had a wonderful Birthday too.

6. hi Lin,
    I’m two days late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you took a spin around in a little red corvette on your birthday.
    As to getting old, as I’m sure you know, you’re only as old as you think you are (though your body may disagree). Or is it you’re only as old as you act? What ever it is, think YOUNG!

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope that goes as well as it can. ~ Steve

Hi Steve, thank you for the Birthday wishes. We had a good time, but kept the vette parked in the garage. It’s hotter ‘n blazes in Texas right now, so staying inside the air conditioning is my favorite thing to do. 🙂