The Easy Way to Stop Smoking is The Best Way to Quit Smoking

Quit Smoking There are many ways to quit smoking cigarettes, and since I finally quit smoking, I’m here to tell you that the best way to quit smoking is by what I believe to be the easy way to quit once and for all. Any smoker who wants to quit smoking cigarettes (and those who don’t want to quit) can give you a laundry list of reasons why quitting is good for you and the healthy thing to do, to the point where repeating the reasons to quit starts sounding like a broken record and smokers want to say “Shut Up!” to family or friends with their well-intentioned barrage of requests to quit.

Smokers know the health risks and dangers associated with smoking cigarettes or cigars, or even the health risks involved with chewing tobacco products, but nicotine addiction keeps smokers smoking and dippers dipping despite the risks or harmful effects, and all the begging and nagging to quit smoking or chewing tobacco sounds like “blah blah blah” to smokers and tobacco users, which won’t help get loved ones to quit.

Reading various myths about quitting smoking or hearing about all the bad things that can happen because of physical withdrawal, such as having to cope with nasty nicotine withdrawal symptoms (like the feeling of wanting to rip someone’s head off for making you mad), is enough to cause some hardened smokers to keep on smoking.

Common Nicotine Withdrawal Symptoms

• Cravings to smoke
  • Irritability (ready to kill someone)
  • Insomnia
  • Anxiety
  • Fatigue
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Headache
  • Cough
  • Sore throat
  • Constipation, gas, stomach pain
  • Dry mouth
  • Sore tongue and/or gums
  • Postnasal drip
  • Tightness in the chest

Many smokers have successfully quit smoking with a wide variety of quit smoking aids in the form of nicotine replacement therapy (NRTs) like nicotine gum, stop smoking pills, shots, patches, inhaler, lozenges and nasal sprays. Quitting smoking “cold turkey”, hypnosis and acupuncture treatments have also helped many people quit smoking. It was my personal choice to stay away from all nicotine replacement therapies and prescription quit smoking pills like Chantix because of the strange and scary side effects reported by many Chantix users, but I know several people personally who have successfully quit smoking with Chantix and swear by the effectiveness of the prescription pill.

Easy way to stop smoking

When I decided to finally quit smoking, I found the process of quitting to be very easy. Really. Previous halfhearted attempts to stop smoking was more like saying “I want to want to quit smoking”, rather than a real decision to quit, and after several attempts to quit I gave up and started smoking again. Now that I have really quit smoking once and for all, I can honestly say that of all the known nicotine withdrawal symptoms many people say are so horrible, my experience has been quite the opposite.

If I have experienced physical or emotional withdrawal symptoms, the feelings have been so slight that they are virtually indistinguishable to me and others around me, but I wouldn’t recommend testing me to see if I’ll have a meltdown. Until recently, I never would have believed that there really was an easy way to stop smoking, but I’m so glad to have discovered Allen Carr’s book about quitting smoking. I know, I know. Reading a book helped me quit smoking?

Yes, it did, and you don’t have to take my word for it either. By the time I had read just half of Allen Carr’s book called The Easy Way to Stop Smoking, I had put out my last cigarette and I knew I would never smoke again and I haven’t. If you are trying to quit smoking or you know someone who is trying to stop smoking, read the book. You have nothing to lose by reading the book and finding out for yourself how easy it can be to stop smoking. Really easy.

When I told a couple of people that I quit smoking because of what I read in a book, they all asked me, “Well, what did the book say?”, with a silly yeah-right look on their face. It’s not just a matter of what Carr says in the book, but how he explains the easy way method to stop smoking that surprises readers.

Allen Carr used to smoke 100 cigarettes a day! That’s a 5-pack a day smoking addiction, and his method to quit smoking worked for him immediately, instantaneously. I knew that if Carr could quit smoking that many cigarettes a day and deal with his nicotine addiction effectively, then my piddly barely a pack a day smoking habit would be easy to stop. Quitting smoking was easy for me, and quitting can be just as easy for you too. Read the book and see for yourself.

10 Responses to “The Easy Way to Stop Smoking is The Best Way to Quit Smoking”

1. Todd Morris says:

Hi Lin,

Congrats again on quitting. That’s one area where I consider myself to be a very fortunate person. Like just about everyone, I tried smoking when I was a kid … but thankfully, I didn’t like it 🙂

Thanks Todd, I’m proud of myself and am very surprised at how easy it actually was to quit. I never really became a heavy smoker or a chain smoker, but there were days if I was especially stressed out about something that I could smoke a little more than a pack of cig’s that day. That’s very unusual for me though, but now I don’t even have to worry about it. I’m now officially a Non-Smoker. 🙂

2. Janet Fox says:

Hey Lin,

I would like to tell your something about the cultural effects of smoking. For the records, smoking is really a abd habit and I neither encourage nor advocate it anyhow.

However, what irks me is the gender specific attitude towards smokers in countries like India. Trust me… Female smokers are so frowned upon here while male smokers are considered as normal stuff.

Being a smoker myself (trying to quit though) I have felt so embarrassed with people’s looks and comments but over the time I have learnt to just ignore all of that and be myself. But still… Sometimes I think about the society’s hypocritical view of things..

Hi Janet,

There are double standards with just about any topic between men and women, and I’m not sure I believe that will ever change. I do hope though that you will find whatever method works for you to quit smoking once and for all.

3. Cath Lawson says:

Hi Lin – The Alan Carr book is awesome. Like you say – it’s hard to explain, you’ve got to read it to understand what it’s all about.

I used just about everything I could get my hands on – patches, gum, Alan Carr, the Silva method. The gum is the worst as it encourages you to have more nicotine instead of less.

Side effects for me where bad – constant exhaustion, skin peeling off, those horrid smoking nightmares etc.

BTW – sorry for the delay replying to your Facebook message – there’s a reason – will tell you later.

Hi Cath,

From everything I had read about the various stop smoking aids on the market, most of them have nicotine in them and only seem to make quitting that much harder to do. I really like Alan Carr’s book, and I would recommend it for anyone trying to quit smoking. I’m sorry to hear the side effects you’ve experienced have been so bad. Hang in there girl! Don’t worry about the delay in responding to the FB message; no big deal.

4. Sire says:

Congratulations on getting your life back.

I used to smoke when I was a kid, but as I couldn’t afford them I used to pick butts up off the road. One day I decided to roll my own.

I used pages out of my school book to roll anything I could find for a tobacco substitute. I tried the bark of grape fines, they were no good as they burst into flames if you puffed too hard. I tried the stuff that grows out the ear of a corn, when it’s try. That tasted like shit.

The thing that finally worked was the dried grass in the alley. Remember, I was a kid. Anyway, one day I saw a dog pissing on my supply and I gave it up cold turkey. True story 😉

Oh my gosh Sire! First, thank you for the nice compliment. I feel good that I’ve quit smoking and I know my overall health will continue to improve as time goes by. Kids not only say the darndest things but they do try the darndest things too, don’t they? Some of the odd things people decide to smoke are very ummm strange, to say the least. Smoking bark from grape vines can cause your “cigarette” to burst into flames if you puff too hard, eh? Personal experience too I would imagine. Yikes! Did you lose your eyebrows with that one? 😉

5. Sire says:

No, but it made me jump, that’s for sure. Too bad videos weren’t around in those days.

6. Hi Lin,

Wonderful article you’ve got there ! I quit smoking like 3 years ago and am living the best of my health today ! =)

I have to agree that in order to quit smoking.. emotional reasons come into play a lot of time… and despite smokers knowing that smoking is bad and they want to quit.. most fail because the commitment and reasons is not strong enough.

and most never set a date to foucs or pin point to…

One of the major factor I feel.. in human to human relationship… when it comes to quitting smoking.. is having a third party as the main reason… thats how I did it =)

Thanks again for sharing a wonderful post and good luck to all who is trying to quit smoking !
    Jane @ Quit Smoking While Pregnant recently posted..An Easy Way To Control Your Smoking AddictionMy Profile