Free dental care is available at FREE Dental Clinics for low income people in Dallas TX and surrounding cities, who can prove they meet eligibility requirements for free or low cost dental treatment. Trying to find a dentist who provides low cost or no cost (free) dental services for needy dental patients, with or without dental insurance, can seem daunting if patients don’t know where to look for such care.
There are numerous sites online that provide information, locations and application criteria for low income or no income dental patients in need of free dental clinics in Texas or by state. There is also a great deal of information online about free clinical trials and research studies patients may choose to participate in, where their dental care and treatment is provided at little or no cost by experienced dentists and dental teams.
Donated Dental Services for Elderly and Disabled
Donated dental services are provided in each state by volunteer dentists and dental labs who donate their time, offices, supplies and equipment for charitable dental care to those in need. The Texas Donated Dental Services (TXDDS) program provides free dental care for individuals who can show they have no other means of getting needed dental care.
They must be uninsured and not eligible for any state dental health programs, and must complete, sign and return the application form found here in order to be approved and placed on the waiting list. Prospective dental patients for the TXDDS donated dental program must meet at least one of the eligibility requirements of being 55 years of age or older, and/or have a permanent debilitating disability, otherwise these patients do not qualify for the TXDDS program.
Dallas Texas area residents in need of scheduled or emergency dental care at low cost or completely free have several options to choose from. Consider this list of low cost or free dental clinics in the Dallas and North Dallas area for children of low income families and adults, the elderly and/or disabled in need or low cost, sliding scale or free dental work.
Free Dental Clinics in Dallas Texas
1. Dallas County Hospital District, located at 5000 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX, 75235. 214-590-0153. Services include: Dental Care Services, Enabling Services, Mental Health/Substance Abuse Services, Other Professional Services, Primary Medical Care, Specialty Medical Care.
2. Los Barrios Unidos Community Clinic, located at 809 Singleton Boulevard, Dallas, TX, 75212. 214-571-6132. Services include: Dental Care Services, Enabling Services, Obstetrical and Gynecological Care, Other Professional Services and Primary Medical Care.
3. Martin Luther King, Jr. Family Clinic, located at 2922-B Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Dallas, TX, 75315. 214-426-3645. Services include: Dental Care Services, Obstetrical and Gynecological Care, Primary Medical Care and Other Professional Services.
4. North Dallas Shared Ministries, located at 2875 Merrell Road, Dallas, TX, 75229. 972-620-8696. Services include both Medical care and a Dental Clinic (Adult Extractions & Gum Disease Only) Website: www.ndsm.org
5. The Stewpot/Homeless, located at 408 Park Avenue (at Young Street), Dallas, TX, 75201. 214-746-2785. Services include: dental and medical care, mental health services, legal aid to the homeless and at-risk, and much more. Website: www.thestewpot.org
6. Parkland Health & Hospital System, located at 5201 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX, 75235. 214-590-8000. Parkland Hospital’s 11 Community Outreach Patient Dental Care (COPC) local facilities are listed here, including addresses, phone numbers, map and directions, fees and more.
7. Baylor College of Dentistry Clinic, located at 3302 Gaston, Dallas, TX, 75246. 214-828-8100. Website: http://bcd.tamhsc.edu. Baylor College clinics provide a full range of comprehensive dental treatment for those who have needs that correspond to the teaching needs of the dental students. Baylor’s Dentistry Clinic also offers an Urgent Care Emergency Extraction Clinic to extract (pull) teeth on a first-come, first-serve basis. Fees are somewhat lower than in a private dentist’s office, but more frequent and longer visits are typically required.
8. Dental Health For Arlington Inc, located at 201 N. East Street, Arlington, TX, 76011. 817- 277-1165. Services include: preventive and pain relieving dental care for low-income families and to educate children about good oral hygiene. Website: www.dentalhealtharlington.org
9. Bluitt-Flowers Health Center, located at 303 E. Overton Road, Dallas, TX 75216. 214-266-4200. Services include: Dental, Laboratory, Radiology, Pharmacy, Mammography, Nutrition, Psychology/ Psychiatry, Social Work, TDHS, WIC, Adolescent Medicine Specialty.
10. deHaro-Saldivar Health Center, located at 1400 N. Westmoreland Rd, Dallas, TX 75211. 214-266-0500. Services include: Dental, Texas Department of Health and Human Services, Laboratory, Radiology, Pharmacy, Nutrition, Mammography, Psychology/Psychiatry, Social Work, Language Assistance.
11. East Dallas Health Center, located at 3320 Live Oak, Dallas, TX 75204. 214-266-1000. Services include: Dental, MHFP, Laboratory, Radiology, Pharmacy, Mammography, Nutrition, Psychology, Refugee Program, Social Work, TDHS, WIC.
12. Garland Health Center, at 802 Hopkins, Garland, TX 75040. 214-266-0700. Services include: Dental, MHFP, Laboratory, Radiology, Pharmacy, Epilepsy, WCS and Anti-coagulation, Adult Diabetes Education, Pediatric Asthma Education, Epilepsy, Mammography, Nutrition, Psychology / Psychiatry, Social Work, TDHS, WIC.
13. Dental Health Clinics of Collin County McKinney Clinic, located at 825 N. McDonald Street – Suite 130 (inside Collin County healthcare), McKinney, TX, 75069. 972-548-5580. Non-profit dental center providing quality dental care for low-income patients. Medicaid and CHIP accepted, and have greatly reduced copay fees for uninsured patients, regardless of treatment.
14. Community Dental Center of Plano TX, located at 900 E. Park Blvd, Plano, TX, 75074
972-633-3380. Same details as the McKinney Community Dental Center: Non-profit dental center providing quality dental care for low-income patients. Medicaid and CHIP accepted, and have greatly reduced copay fees for uninsured patients, regardless of treatment.
15. Community Dental Center of Carrollton/Farmers Branch, located at 13551 Dennis Lane, Dallas, TX, 75234. 972-241-2259. Non-profit dental center providing quality dental care for low-income patients. Reduced rates for low-income children, proof required of low-income status (check stub, income tax form, notarized letter from employer). Medicaid and CHIP accepted, and have greatly reduced copay fees for uninsured patients, regardless of treatment.
16. Dental Hygiene Center Collin County at the Community College McKinney, (hygiene students provide supervised, quality dental care) on a sliding scale. The clinic is located at the Central Park Campus, 2200 W. University Drive in McKinney. 972-548-6537 or 972-516-5030. Community Dental Programs of Collin County provides primary dental care for low income children ages 1-20, who qualify for the National School Lunch Program or Medicaid. Services include exams, cleaning, x-rays, pit and fissure sealant application, periodontal scaling and root planing, restorations and extractions.
Each year on the first Friday in February, thousands of U.S. dentists and their dental team members provide free oral health care services to children from low-income families across the country. The ADA’s Give Kids A Smile program enhances the oral health of large numbers of needy children.
Give Kids A Smile activities also highlight for policy makers the ongoing challenges that low-income families face in finding affordable dental care. For more information, dates and locations of upcoming Give Kids A Smile programs in your area, visit the American Dental Association (ADA) website at www.ada.org.